Sunday, June 20, 2004

Well. It is over...

The life i have known all too well for the past 13 years of my being is over. Friday was extremely disheartening. I cried a lot. I did get to have some really awesome conversations with people though. It was nice, I made many promises to return frequently next year. And i will.

These last 3 years have been wonderful. I have never seen so many beautiful people in one place. Every year some of them leave, but then more young ones come in the next september. It is a never ending cycle, and its good to know that I was a part of it. The experiances that i have had i will remember for a very long time. the people I have met will continue to influence me everywhere I go. And the love that was shared will continue to be shared forever.

Ickies was a huge deal. I have been planning it for 9 months. I never thought i would be that difficult though. Following through and not running away, was one of the hardest things I have ever done. My instinct seems to be, QUICKLY JARYD! RUN AWAY! But i tried my hardest not to. I didnt want to run away from my home and my family. The people were the hardest to stay close to. Im rather proud of myself because when something is about to end, I tend to distance myself from as much of it as i can. Ultimately i loose valuable last moments by doing this. I think i did a fairly good job of not doing this. Comparatively speaking of course.

I have been let go, but it is not goodbye. And it occured to me this morning/when i got out of bed/off the couch, that i get to give the overgrad speech for Mr. Jobbs Last Ickies. that made me happy. I must remember Grant Reddick for next year. He shall play a pivotal role in next years Ickies.

At any rate, thank you for everything you guys have given in the short time Ive known you and will continue to know you. ;)

Have fun with Splendor in Grass, and hey boy actors, it looks like youre in short supply.


Former Drama Society President,

Jaryd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home